Talisman Media Group, publisher of Bangkok 101, the city’s leading visitor magazine, and the Bangkok Art Map (BAM!), is urgently looking to fill the following positions:
Webmaster and IT Expert
The Manager of Web & Digital Media is responsible for developing, managing and maintaining the primary websites of the company. You will have a strong user understanding and demonstrated expertise in Web content, usability, architecture, development and design.
• 2+ years, plus 1 years management experience of Web team/projects
• BA or MFA Digital Media, Interaction Design, Computer Science or related degree.
• Demonstrated ability to manage a Web team & process. Provide excellent management and leadership to the Web & Digital Media staff and work collaboratively with staff, management, clients, and IT support.
• Partner with internal and external content managers, editors, designers, developers, and other staff to ensure sites meet both client and company needs, align with the brand strategy platform, and meet company standards.
• Market and present web/digital strategies to diverse audiences, manage multiple projects and maintain schedules and budgets.
• Excellent web/digital media project management and estimating experience.
• Fluent in development optimization techniques to deliver the best user experiences in the most technically efficient manner.
Required and or advanced knowledge of the following:
• Macromedia suite: Dreamweaver MX 2004, Flash, ColdFusion, Contribute
• Adobe suite: Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign
• W3C Web standards, WAI, ADA & Sections 508 and 504 compliance
• Preferred-XML, AJAX, RSS, PHP, ASP, SQLserver, ActionScript, Flash rich internet applications
We are looking for a successful and enthusiastic event planner to produce events from conception through to completion. Event coordinator responsibilities include providing outstanding customer service and organizing memorable events that meet quality expectations.
• Proven event management experience
• Impressive portfolio of previously managed events
• Excellent time management and communication skills
• Sales skills and ability to build productive business relationships
• Ability to manage multiple projects independently
• MS Office proficiency
• Willing to submit references from previous clients
• BS in Event Management or related field
• Plan, design and produce events while managing all project delivery elements within time limits
• Liaise with clients to identify their needs and to ensure customer satisfaction
• Conduct market research, gather information and negotiate contracts prior to closing any deals
• Provide feedback and periodic reports to stakeholders
• Propose ideas to improve provided services and event quality
• Organise facilities and manage all event’s details such as decor, catering, entertainment, transportation, location, invitee list, special guests, equipment, promotional material etc
• Ensure compliance with insurance, legal, health and safety obligations
• Specify staff requirements and coordinate their activities
• Cooperate with marketing and PR to promote and publicize event
• Proactively handle any arising issues and troubleshoot any emerging problems on the event day
• Conduct pre- and post – event evaluations and report on outcomes
• Research market, identify event opportunities and generate interest
• Thai native speaker with fluent English speaking and writing skills
• Bachelor Degree (or higher) in Public Relations, Marketing, Journalism, Mass Communications, Communication Arts, or any related fields
• At least 2 years’ working experience in media/journalism related fields
• Keen interest in both print media and online media
• Ability to work under pressure, handle multiple tasks at one time, and sometimes work evenings (for reviews and/or event coverage)
• Be able to work both as a team player as well as independently
• Be a self-starter who can anticipate problems before they occur
• Researching, proofing, editing, writing, and management of content for print and digital media
• Translation from Thai to English and vice versa
• Support editorial staff in all activities leading up to and following publication deadline
• Upload text and images to company website and social media(s) using a content management system
• Making sure the content on the website and social media(s) is functioning and up-to-date
• Coordinate with sales representatives
• Liaise with clients and/or PR Team for procurement of ads, supplemental information, editorial photos, etc.
• Travel in and around the city to write reviews/articles, and/or meet with clients
• Ensure high team performance to create a more efficient workplace and top-notch publications
• Administer and coordinate individuals to perform specific tasks
• Build relationships with clients via networking and other activities
These positions are currently open in all areas of the business with flexible work hours and day, as well as the duration of internship. We offer an opportunity to work in a multi-cultural environment with foreigners and Thais and a great chance to get some basic office experience with a multinational company. We have a friendly and relaxing working atmosphere and we will also give you the opportunity to experience many different industries such as hospitality /media /PR /publishing /journalism /sales, and event organizing.
Send your CV to email@example.com along with an email introduction detailing the position you are interested in (only short listed applicants will be contacted).