ONE CHEF, ONE RECIPE: Chef Lucas Baking Studio’s Apple Crumble
Chef Jean-Baptiste Lucas, the founder of Chef Lucas Baking Studio in Bangkok, showcases his delicious Apple Crumble.
Chef Lucas is an experienced pastry chef who previously worked in a 2-Michelin-Star restaurant in France called Auberge les Morainieres. He later moved to Thailand to pursue his dreams of baking and cooking overseas, and here he opened Chef Lucas Baking Studio in Bangkok in 2018, sharing his baking secrets with other passionate bakers.
Today, Chef Lucas walks Bangkok 101 readers through a perennial favourite, Apple Crumble, using a simple recipe that takes less than 20 minutes—and at the bottom he offers some special chef tips, too.
20 g Sugar
20 g Brown sugar
40 g Flour
40 g Butter
40 g Almond powder
Apple garnish :
25 g Sugar
10 g Butter
1. Combine flour, almond powder and sugar in a bowl.
2. Cut the butter in dices and add on top. Mix with your hands until you get crumbs, or use a mixer.
Apple garnish :
3. Peel and cut apples into dices.
4. In a frying pan, heat sugar until melted and browned. Add butter and quickly mix.
5. Throw in the apples and mix. Cook until the apples start to soften.
6. Remove from the heat. Put the apples in a baking dish.
7. Sprinkle the crumble on top.
8. Bake at 170°C for about 25 to 30 minutes.
9. Serve with vanilla ice-cream and enjoy!
Chef tips: Change whichever fruits you like best, such as pears, pineapples, etc. You can replace almond powder with any kind of powder you’d like too.
Chef Lucas Baking Studio, Soi On Nut 2/1 Sukhumvit 77
Phrakanong Wattana Bangkok 10110
Leave a Reply