Raya Heritage Revisited
Sitting pretty on the banks of the Ping River, the serene Raya Heritage in Chiang Mai is one of those romantical places we long to revisit over and over again.
The full title of “Raya Heritage, A River Sanctuary” almost says it all. As soon as we stepped into the entrance of the hotel’s spacious semi-open lobby, with the outdoor scenery of the Ping River beyond the trees, we sensed that this place had balanced energy that would instantly calm our nerves.
Ms. Naphat Nutsati, the General Manager of the Raya Heritage, has been with the project from the very beginning, since scouting the land for the perfect location. After we mentioned how we felt walking through the entrance, Naphat explained to us: “You can see how we visualise our philosophy from your first step at Raya Heritage. Our commitment to operating in balance with nature and the surrounding community is expressed through our core design elements, which are simplicity, revived Lanna charms, and the timeless presence of nature.”
The architectural, landscape, and interior design were in the trustworthy hand of Mr. Boonlert Hemvijitraphan, the architect-founder of BOONDESIGN. “The hotel is meant to inherit the local ancient Lanna culture for everyone to experience, but not by reproducing the ancient Lanna architecture, instead it aims to provide a nostalgic experience of the Lanna living and lifestyle. The first platform of the living, ‘Sky Terrain’ unfolded the past through the manner of the platform on stilt, but on a larger scale, accommodating public functions underneath and a cluster of the guest villa above. Another platform for a living is ‘The Promenade Hill’ which inspired by the hill tribe settlement accommodates a series of guest villa buildings along the riverside at 3 stories.”
Another key element that gives the space a calm, cool, cozy, cultural, yet contemporary vibe is the decoration style, which was under close supervision of Ms. Vichada Sitakalin, the Design Director of Premier Group – the proprietor of three luxury hotels: Rayavadee Krabi, Tamarind Village Chiang Mai, and the Raya Heritage Chiang Mai.
With a commitment to sustainability and the preservation of local resources and disappearing artistry, Raya Heritage is designed to incorporate local craftspeople and artists’ creative objects into its furnishings and decor. The commitment extended to all the products and amenities used in guest rooms, as well as the spa and public areas.
The same core value is diligently applied to the food and beverage department. The hotel features a chemical-free vegetable and herb garden along the river banks that can be used in the hotel kitchen, while the main supplies come from local organic producers in Chiang Mai and nearby.
Condé Nast Traveler named Raya Heritage one of “The Best Hotels and Resorts in the World: The 2021 Gold List” at the beginning of the year. But this is not the reason we long to come back. Another charm that strongly pulls us back is the natural northern gentleness and genuine hospitality we felt coming from the staff.
Since its first opening in June 2018, Raya Heritage has always been one of our favourites, a place we already miss as soon as we leave. After a short pause, according to the Royal Thai Government’s official guide to the COVID-19 pandemic, Raya Heritage reopened its doors on July 1.
And with the GM, Naphat Nutsati’s assurance, “We are more equipped and ready to offer our esteemed guests our genuine hospitality and a promise that during your stay at Raya Heritage, a simple-yet-meaningful approach to life, art and nature will always be within your reach.”
We just looked at each other and said, “Let’s go to the river.”
- 38 spacious suites situated on three levels set in lush gardens just steps from the banks of the tranquil Ping River.
- Located 30 minutes from Chiang Mai International Airport and 20 minutes from the city’s historic temples, shopping and most important sites.
- Resort Address: 157 Moo 6, Tambol Donkaew, Amphoe Mae Rim, Chiang Mai 50180, Thailand Tel : (66-53) 111 670 – 73 Fax : (66-53) 111 674
- Reservation Office: Tel : (66-2) 301 1861-3 Fax : (66-2) 399 1060 E-mail : [email protected] www.rayaheritage.com
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Combinable with “Rao Tiew Duay Gun”
- Rin Terrace Suite THB 5,500 net/ night
- Huen Bon Suite THB 6,500 net/ night
- Kraam Pool Suite THB 7,500 net/ night
- Accommodation in a suite of choice for 2 persons
- Daily breakfast for 2 persons at ‘Khu Khao’
- Round trip transfers from/to Chiang Mai airport
- Minimum 2 paid night stay required for Friday & Saturday night
TERMS & CONDITIONS:
- Offer is available to purchase until Sept. 30, 2021
- Valid for stays from July 1 – Oct. 31, 2021
- Exclusive for Thai residents and expatriates living in Thailand
- Offer is non-refundable & cannot be exchanged for cash
- Booking is subject to availability & cannot be combined with any other offer
- Rates are in Thai baht and inclusive of 10% service charge and 7% government tax
- Direct booking is required via [email protected] or 02-301-1861-3
- Booking online: https://bit.ly/2T1ECQG
- Accommodation details: https://bit.ly/3smNhbM
Peter FishelJuly 14, 2021
Returning to Thailand November, what kind of rate can I get for 5 days
during the week