CHAR Restaurant invites wine connoisseurs to enjoy a unique opportunity – a wine tasting and pairing with famed winemaker Fabio Chiarelotto of Montepeloso, Tuscany. On Wednesday, 7 November 2018 from 6pm-10pm, Fabio will pour select choices from his renowned Maremma winery, with delicious dishes expertly paired by Nikolus Ramirez. Come meet Fabio Chiarelotto, the owner and winemaker, of Italy’s most exciting estate.
Tuscany is one of the world’s most famous wine regions, producing much-loved varietals and vintages for centuries. Montepeloso was borne of these Tuscan wine-making traditions, and when Fabio Chiarelotto took over the vineyard in 1998, his determination to make an international name for Montepeloso culminated with the 2006 vintage. Now, Fabio brings his beautiful wines to Bangkok at CHAR Restaurant.
Chef Nik of CHAR Restaurant collaborated with Fabio to develop the perfect pairings:
- MONTENIDOLI IL TEMPLARE TOSCANA IGT 2011 is a classic Tuscan white that goes wonderfully with zucchini blossoms stuffed with cod and pistachio curry.
- MONTEPELOSO A QUO 2014 has an intense richness to complement grilled quail with rosemary, thyme and lemon.
- MONTEPELOSO ENEO 2015 is a softly bold blend that matches crispy artichokes with suckling pig and black truffle.
- MONTEPELOSO GABBRO 2010 has a smokiness and nuances of herbs to enhance morels with veal tail from Italy and cocoa.
- BEGALI RECITO DI VALPLICELLA is a flawless choice for those who love wine with desserts, like the chocolate crème brulee and almond granita.
Diners can choose glasses starting from THB 180++ with dishes starting from THB450++, or go for the full flight of five wines for THB 1,500++ and the tasting menu for THB 3,000++.
Throughout the evening, Fabio will be available to those interested in learning more about the wines and pairings. The wines being tasted will also be on sale by the bottle.