Food For Fighters: A Good Cause
Food For Fighters makes healthy, delicious meals for Thai communities impacted by COVID-19, along with healthcare workers and front-line responders—and they want your help, too.
Food For Fighters was established during the pandemic to deliver healthy, good-tasting meals to local communities impacted by COVID-19, along with healthcare workers and front-line responders. The food is made by top chefs and restaurants, funded by donations, and distributed by local volunteers.
The project began in May with seven top chefs from Michelin and gourmet restaurants in Bangkok. They came together at Chim by Siam Wisdom to cook 100 lunch boxes. Their meals were delivered to people living in Khlong Toey, field hospitals and prisons (which are in grave danger during the pandemic). Participants included Chef Noom Thaninthorn Chantrawan from Chim by Siam Wisdom, Chef Andy Yang from Table 38, Chef Ton Thitid Tassanakajohn from Baan Restaurant, Chef Nick Natawoot Thammaphan from Wang Hinghoi, Chef David Thompson from Aksorn, Chef Som Jutamas Theantae from Karmakamet Conveyance, and Khun Srirat Sripinyo from Sri Trat.
Meals cooked by each chef:
- Chef Noom – Steamed Rice with Taro and Chicken Stew with Truffle Oil (ข้าวอบเผือกไก่ตุ๋นซีอิ้วกับน้ำมันเห็ดทรัฟเฟิล)
- Chef Andy – Pad Thai (ผัดไทย)
- Chef Ton – Grilled Pork Neck with Rice (ข้าวคอหมูย่าง)
- Chef Nick – Chicken Burger with Salads (เบอร์เกอร์ไก่ + สลัด)
- Chef David – Fried Chicken with Coconut Rice (ข้าวกะทิไก่ทอด)
- Chef Som – Fried Mackerel with Shrimp Paste Sauce (nam prik kapi pla too) with Rice and Chicken Biryani with Rice (ข้าวปลาทูน้ำพริกกะปิ และ ข้าวหมกไก่)
- Sri Trat – Pork Stew with Cha Muang Leaves with Rice (ข้าวอบหมูชะมวง)
It was a successful collaboration. Now, Food For Fighters wants YOU to join them.
The organisation aims to produce 100,000 rice boxes for people in need. The centre operates on a volunteer basis, from 8am to 5pm, seven days a week, and is in need of all types of support. Remember: “No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted.”
· If you have food, come cook with us. We receive requests for more than 5,000 food boxes per day.
· If you have time, help us make goody bags.
· If you have time and strength, help us load and unload donations.
· If you have none of the above, donate or volunteer with us to support the fighters.
For more information visit: Food For Fighters
Call Center : +66(0) 2 016 9910
K. Puech: +66(0) 86 564 0957
K. Keng : +66(0)84 265 5491